In the UK you can:
- Collect books from others and deliver them to Dollimore & Christie.
- Come on a Wednesday between 10am and 1pm to Dollimore & Christie and pack books with us.
- Come on a first Saturday of every month and help us pack books. Please get in touch to find out more.
- Join us on a loading day. Please get in touch to find out more.
- Collect toys and stationery and deliver them to us.
- Design, cut out shapes and otherwise assist with our Arts & Crafts activities.
- Make cotton gift bags.
- Promote and otherwise advertise our work.
- Raise funds.
- Donate funds regularly or as a one-off.
“I think this charity is wonderful. You really see the hard work, the love and the dedication the volunteers put in. And I was fortunate to visit their libraries in Kenya so I can tell you, they have a huge impact there too.” Peter from Darlington Rotary Club.
In Kenya you can:
- Train our volunteers.
- Organise games and competitions for our children.
“Going to Kenya [in 2021] completely changed my world view. It showed to me the vital need for a quality and fair education for everyone.” Alistair, Heriot Watt University student.